Monday, February 14, 2011

Wig Tutorial for Beginners

I always joke around about being a Hair Consultant because I don't know how to "do" hair.  I was wrong.  Truth is, I have never tried. Practice makes perfect, right? Recently Sister A, was brave enough to let me practice making a wig for her. Hope you enjoy my tutorial, remember! Its for beginners :-)

Getting Started
You can purchase everything at your local Beauty Supply Store
Syrafoam head
Adjustible wig cap
Weave (hair extensions)
Scissors
Thread and needle
Clips to put the hair in place
Outre Premium Duby Closure
Thumb tacks to keep the cap from shifting while you sew

 
I didn't want to take chances on trying to close the top myself so this came in very handy

 
Wig caps range from as low as $1.99 to $5.99

I went for the $5.99 option
1. Adjustible straps
2. Durable elasticity
3. Boning by the ears for support
4. Extra reinforcement on the top

The Sew-In
 
I used the old fashioned thick thread

My technique wasn't too shabby for my first try :-) 

 Start sewing the hair in a circular pattern all the way around until you get to the top

This is where I attached the closure

The End Result


Time to flat iron it OUT!
GHD Professional flat iron (I'll be doing a review on this soon)
Metal tip tail comb
Scissors to clean up the bangs
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Nourishing Sheen Spray™
& some Kenny G playing in the background :-P

2 packs of 8" (Color #1 & #1b)
I love the blend!

Done!


I give myself an A+
Stay tuned for the big reveal! 

The next challenge - -> Making a curly wig & closing it myself!

Follow Crown Chronicles Blog |  Twitter  | Facebook | Channel on YouTube

0 comments:

Post a Comment